Um. Hello. So, the title of this blog is a little misleading; I didn’t disappear from the entire internet, I’ve been incredibly active on Instagram, my random junk Tumblr, my inspiration Tumblr and my personal Facebook page. What the title of this blog should say is ‘On Disappearing from my Blog, Twitter, Flickr and other such Public Places, and the Pausing of the Definition Project’ but that is clunky and sounds too much like a chapter title from some kind of cyber fantasy novel (probably not a very good one). I’ve been meaning to come back for a while and, upon seeing lovely posts from lovely people like Mike, Mel (welcome back to you too!) and Georgia, I have decided that now is the time.
Originally, I disappeared because I was ill, nothing too horrendous but enough to render me useless for about five weeks. I always meant to start again once I was better but, as it often goes, life happened. So here is a list, in no particular order, for anyone who is interested, of things that I have done and things that have happened since my last post. To find out about the Definition Project, skip to the bottom.
- Saw Miss Saigon in the Westend
- Gained wonderful new people
- Lost less wonderful people
- Turned twenty-four
- Irritated the dog (in a very loving way)
- Designed several books (expect a post about book covers shortly)
- Visited Dudley Zoo and Castle
- Discovered and cultivated an obsession with steamed dumplings
- Consumed a lot of pancakes
- Bought a car
- Passed my theory test
- Read several good books
- Dyed my hair
- Failed to re-dye it (it’s on the list)
- Started collecting crescent moon chokers
- Checked out a few of the owls in The Big Hoot
- Got a new tattoo (post to come)
- Felt super good about myself
- Started using the word ‘super’ a lot
- Added many books to my wish list
- Lost my oomph
- Tentatively started finding it again
- Almost broke my laptop, but it’s hanging in there (darn Windows updates)
- Created a wonderful spotify playlist
- Needed more sleep
- Travelled on many trains
- Visited friends
- Went to Lancaster for the first time
- Had many terrible driving lessons, and a fair few good ones (more good than bad from now, we hope)
- Resolved not to rush myself
- Ran the work Instagram
- Cooked a three course meal, without ruining it
- Went to a vintage bazaar
- Sent lots of emails
Alright, it doesn’t sound like much but I am ready to take a leap back into this blogging lark and will probably use this list to generate ideas. I will return to my design posts and my book posts but I won’t be as strict with myself. I will allow myself to post about what I like, be that incredibly nerdy tattoos or my inability to stick to schedules. Who knows.
The Definition Project
The beady-eyed among you have probably noticed that my weekly project is not so much weekly anymore. Originally, as above, I paused due to illness. Having done that, I realised I wanted that project to be as good as it possibly can be and I don’t think that is possible when trying to create something new each week with limited locations and resources.
The last image I posted is one of the best images I have ever created, I think, and I want all of the images to be of that standard or better (if I can!) so I am waiting until I have access to more locations (and the ability to drive so that I can get there), more money to put into it, more oomph and a computer that can handle working on such large files. Currently, I can only do simple edits, rather than the composites I am more fond of, my laptop is steadily dying. Once it is replaced, I will be creating magic once more. Watch this space. Big things are to come.